MY PIECE OF CAKE

A change is gonna do me good. Oh my oh my! How naive I was when I let Etta James find a place on my playlist with exactly this song. Was this song a kind of magic that made some things happen and change? Etta's music is magical most definitely. This black magic woman changed my world through her music many times. It seems I have my own private mama Odie :) Remember mama Odie from the Princess and the Frog? If you haven't seen it you should.

The change that happened did me some good, and it affects the rhythm of my life, as I have to get up early every morning. You can guess, mama Odie got me a regular job (this means going to the office being paid and enjoying it), and I love it. It's dynamic and creative, at least for now (fingers crossed). As much as my mornings changed so did my late afternoons and evenings as well. What I usually do is make me a dinner, eat, listen to some music, read while drinking a hot beverage appropriate to the snow and later watch a movie. It doesn't sound extraordinary, but actually it is. So let's start unraveling the mystery: 

No ordinary plate
You are what you eat. I guess yesterday I was a pig, then. Prosciutto found its way to my plate, and if it comes with some rucola, mozzarella, figs, unavoidable olive oil and a bit of honey, I will gladly welcome it again. Inspiring groceries from my fridge, as fig jam I got from my friend (aka the dearest one), salmon that mom bought me, and  blueberries auntie packed into the freezer, wouldn't be enough without my new great source of kitchen inspiration Milica's blog natanjiru 

palačinke sa borovnicama i rikotom

I adore the recipes and the food style. This is exactly what I had in mind when I was looking for a source of inspiration, trying to think of what I'm gonna cook that day. Well, heaven heard my prayers and I was introduced to this blog where  simplicity of tasty beauty enchants me each time I open it, making me run to the kitchen, and cooking til I don't oversatisfy urges awakened by authentic photographies of the recipes she shares. Let's just say natanjiru.com is in my bookmarks bar. 

Let the music play       
Just imagine some of your favorite movie scenes without the music! It doesn't work...It's just not the same. I guess as much as I love silence i love to listen to some music whatever I do. When me and my dainty sister where exchanging musical experiences on the phone today she used that name again: Apotekagalen, which is good quality playlists source on b92.fm. We listen to it a lot, but today I went back to 8tracks after some time. I usually listen to oldies and love to have it playing in the background. One of the playlists I listened to today. 


As for the coffe and tea...Finaly I got used to the taste of oregano tea. That's magical trust me! I couldn't bear it til recently, now I drink it on regular basis. When I get to work I make a cup of tea from the selection of brands that the company I work for, represents on our market. Hyson tea is from Sri Lanka. Did you know that the Persian name for Sri Lanka was Serendib, that the word serendipity was coined from? My favorite is the white tea, also known as czar of teas. Between my daily cups of tea I usually have a cup of coffee too. It's a funny story. I used to pass by a billboard with Julius Meinl on it. Each time I see it I would think how lucky is the person working for the company that stands behind the brand. Who would guess, I'm working for the company now, and I enjoy the Julius Meinl coffee every day as much as enjoyed the logo when I was a kid. I remember how I admired yellow, red and brown colors, and the fez. 

  
I also love how the red Fez tassel hat inspired them to design coffee cups and espresso machine even. But what would a cup of coffee be without a gossip? The latest news, almost two hundred years old, I enjoyed yesterday with my coffee (as these two go together) is about Ada Lovelace. Did you know she was Lord Byron's daughter and first computer programmer???!!!!! Shocking! Google is my gossip girl :)


I have just finished my night cup of tea. I think I'm going to bed now. I love falling asleep with sounds of crickets. No, I don't live on the countryside or suburbs, my crickets are very urban actually, as they come from my android app. Click the sheep and you'll love it. 

Good night!





Comments

  1. Micka od sinoć04 January, 2013

    Ovo mi se mnogo dopalo! :) Dok čitam osjećam svoj razbuđeni um i uživam u svakoj riječi jer nosi nešto novo, a nešto što služi kao inspiracija za ovaj trenutak! Hvala ti čarobnice moja :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Micka moja, YOU MADE MY DAY!!!! <3 <3 <3 Mnoooogo mi je drago da ti se dopalo. Sad si ti mene inspirisala za dalje!

    P.S.you made my night also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naši su i dani i noći! :) Zvijezde sijaju jednako! Volim što je inspiracija stalno tu, želim i dalje da uživam i sama bivam inspirisana ovim...

      <3 <3 <3!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts